Sunday, January 12, 2014

BANANA ICE CREAM

Since I've been home from school for winter break, I've been trying to eat very healthfully since sometimes doing so at college is tough! One of my FAVORITE recent discoveries has been a healthy banana ice cream. You only need 2 simple ingredients:

1) Frozen Bananas (2-3)
2) Skim Milk (3/4- 1 cup)

I personally own a Vitamix blender that I use to make juices and smoothies. It is basically a very powerful blender. If you do not have a Vitamix, don't worry! You can absolutely still use a regular blender to make this ice cream. All you do is cut up the frozen bananas into small pieces and place in the blender. Then pour the skim milk in and blend the two ingredients until it turns smooth and creamy! It might get a little stuck at first since the bananas are thick and frozen...you might have to stop and scrape down the sides every 10 seconds or so. If it is still really thick, add a little more milk! It will make the consistency thinner and easier to blend. If it is too soupy by the end...just stick it in the freezer for an hour or two and it will freeze up! 

OPTIONAL- I like to add stevia powder to my ice cream sometimes. It makes it sweeter and is zero calories :) However, I recently made a batch without the stevia and it was still delicious! It is all about personal preference. This is my favorite stevia powder to use! You can buy it at wegmans or the Vitamin Shoppe.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/nunaturals-white-stevia-packets-100-packets/nun1002?sourceType=sc&source=FG&adGroup=40-60&keyword=NUN1002&cm_mmc=Google+Shopping-_-Product+Listing+Ads-_-40-60-_-NUN1002&gclid=CNik_uyO-rsCFSLxOgodUnsAQw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyway, this is my new favorite dessert that is SO delicious and SO healthy at the same time! You have to try it out! I promise you won't be disappointed! :) xx

1 comment:

  1. Also really good with semi-sweet chocolate chips on top! :)

    ReplyDelete