Sunday, January 12, 2014

I'M BACK!

The past few weeks have been so busy with Christmas, final exams, and getting ready for my upcoming semester at Colgate. But I am back and going to be posting more frequently now and throughout this spring semester!

Being a new year, many people have new year's resolutions that they try to stick to for the upcoming year. The other day I was at Starbucks with a friend and she asked me what my resolution was. I thought for a second and said, "I don't really have one." She then proceeded to tell me hers. I've thought more and more about what I want to try to achieve this year and I've decided this year I am going to try and be more accepting of myself.

I've tried for a good portion of my life to be perfect and I need to realize that no matter how hard I try...I will never achieve perfection. I need to learn to accept myself for who I am and learn to love myself in every way possible. I am very hard on myself most of the time and always point out my faults. I want to be more forgiving of myself and be as positive as I can. I think by doing this I will be a happier person overall and it will make my life a lot easier.

Resolutions are often hard to stick to. However, it is not necessarily about how well you "stick" to them, but rather that you take a step back for a moment and reflect on the things that are really important to you in life. Life goes by so quickly and as each year passes (at the very minimum) it is important to reflect on the things you are thankful for in your life and the things that you want to improve on. Remind yourself of these things as often as possible and it will only help you grow as a person and have a successful and pleasant 2014 :)

So, what is your new years resolution?!? Comment below if you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment