Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Healthy Desserts!

I have SUCH a sweet tooth! I know I'm not the only one. However, eating too many processed sugars isn't good for anyone! So here is a list that I have come up with that are my favorite healthy desserts. I've divided them into two categories...the first list are healthy desserts you can make at Frank Dining Hall. The second list are my top three for when I am at home with access to more ingredients! Enjoy!

TO MAKE AT FRANK...

1) CREDIT to Emma McCune for inventing this! Take about 1/2-3/4 of a cup of chocolate frozen yogurt, put a small scoop of peanut butter on the edge of the cup and (if they have it) grab a banana to slice and put on top! If they don't have bananas, don't worry... the chocolate and peanut butter is still a delicious combination! The chocolate froyo is light but sweet and the peanut butter has healthy fats in it that will satisfy you and keep you full.



2) One of my favorites is a cup of tea with a little cream and sweetener. This is if you aren't really hungry but are in the mood for something sweet! It is satisfying but not heavy by any means.




3) As mentioned in a previous post by Carly Citron...granola and vanilla soy milk is DELICIOUS! I promise you will like it. And if you want a little chocolate...at Frank they have chocolate soy milk too! The soy milk is so creamy and sweet, it is a perfect pair with granola.



4) Banana drizzled with honey is also a healthy and delicious option for dessert. Pair with a little skim milk and a handful of cheerios for a little crunch.



5) Last but not least, another personal favorite is a nice cup of hot cocoa! The coffee machine at Frank is great. Hot cocoa is very satisfying on a chilly winter night (which we have a lot of those here at Colgate). And if you're heading to the library for a long night of studying...add a shot of espresso! It's delicious and will give you a little caffeine boost before you hit the books.



TO MAKE AT HOME...

1) Fresh bowl of berries with whipped cream. This is my favorite. Especially if you can make the whipped cream from scratch. Nothing better in my opinion :)



2) Chobani Flips. These are the best. They are little trays with yogurt and various mix ins that you can add! My favorite is the key lime crumble. It tastes like Key Lime Pie! It even has graham crackers and white chocolate chips you can mix in. And this flavor is only 180 calories...so awesome. They come in so many other delicious ones too. Some you can even buy at the C-Store! Check them out!


3) A square of dark chocolate. I am such a fan of dark chocolate. Not only is it rich and satisfying but it is filled with healthy antioxidants. My favorite brand that my friend Ali Rakow introduced me to is Trader Joes Dark Chocolate with Almonds from Belgium. So delicious and definitely healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment