Friday, November 8, 2013

A New Spin on Dinner

Do you ever walk into the dining hall and have no idea what to eat? This happens to me all the time. One thing that I can always count on to satisfy me is: the omelette station. I love breakfast and could eat it for any meal of the day. My dad and I always used to make a breakfast called "Huevos Rancheros" which is basically scrambled eggs with a twist. A great way to recreate this in Frank is to do the following...


  • Order egg whites or scambled eggs (whatever you prefer) with onions, peppers and tomatoes
  • Toast a piece of whole wheat bread and spread a thin layer of butter (if desired) or ask the sandwich station for a wheat tortilla
  • Put the scrambled eggs in the middle of the tortilla or piece of toast
  • Go to the salad station and put black beans, a little cheddar cheese and any other toppings you desire on it. Add some hot sauce if you like spicy things or if they have salsa try adding that! 
  • Wrap up the tortilla and you have a delicious, well balanced, and filling dinner (or breakfast or lunch!) This is one of my favorite things to make.
The great thing about this idea is you cover all bases: Carbohydrate from the tortilla, protein from the egg and beans, healthy fat from the beans and some vegetables too! Try it and let me know how it is! If you have any other suggestions or comments feel free to email me at esisto@colgate.edu! Stay healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment